What does a prenatal consultation imply?
During the first consultation there will be time to get to know each other and to get acquainted with the work of the midwife. Several options of follow-up will be discussed. After this the follow-up file for the pregnancy is made. An important part of the consultation is the pregnancy check-up. We follow-up the evolution of the pregnancy to be sure you and your baby are well.
The check-up consists of:
- Taking weight and blood pressure
- Determining the position of the baby
- Measuring your belly
- Listening to the fetal heart (from 12 weeks of gestation)
- Blood sampling, urine control (and smear if necessary)
What to bring along?
- Mother booklet (if you don’t have one yet, we will provide it)
- Blood group card (if available)
- Sticker of your social insurance
- Recent laboratory results (if available)
You want to make an appointment?
You can make an appointment with the midwife as soon as you suspect or know you are pregnant. A consultation lasts approximately one hour.
For an appointment or more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0468 00 43 38. The consultations take place at Waversesteenweg 51A, 1560 Hoeilaart or at home.